Disability Rights International (DRI) is the world’s leading international human rights group dedicated to the rights protection and community integration of people with disabilities. DRI documents human rights abuses and supports the development of a disability rights movement around the world. DRI has offices in Washington, DC, the Balkans and Latin America.
We need you to –
• assist advocacy staff with research and writing projects;
• update web content and support social media outreach;
• assist with preparation of video and advocacy material;
• maintain DRI donor database and assist with funder correspondence;
• help research and prepare grant proposals, donor appeals and foundation reports;
• maintain a calendar of proposal and reporting deadlines;
• provide administrative support as needed.
You need to be –
• a good communicator – strong writing skills are essential;
• capable of attention to detail, numbers, and effective presentation;
• experienced using Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms;
• experience with video editing and Photoshop is a plus;
• flexible and supportive to all staff, enthusiastic and willing to take on any kind of project;
• a self-starter who can work independently;
• easy to get along with and a team player;
• passionate about the work we do, trustworthy, and dependable;
• able to juggle multiple projects and meet required deadlines.
We are a small group in DC and we are looking for someone who is passionate about the work we do, willing to jump in anywhere to help out, reliable, and trustworthy.
A Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience required.
Annual salary: $40,000
Flexible, relaxed workplace, generous vacation time and sick leave, employer-paid medical, dental and disability insurance, and employer contribution to retirement.
Send resume and cover letter to Rachel Arnold at Jobs@DRIadvocacy.org Deadline March 2, 2020.
People with disabilities encouraged to apply